On October 28th and 29th, in the framework of their partnership with the Fine Cacao and Chocolate Institute, Harvard University, EBS (European Business School) Paris hosted the 2nd edition of the prestigious Chocolate Conservatory symposium on INSEEC U.’s Eiffel Campus. This year’s edition was dedicated to the theme The Responsibility of Taste.
For two days, specialists in cacao and chocolate experienced the intensity – and challenge – of understanding the present state of the industry and co-designing its future. The program of round tables between professionals and academics, was complemented by sensory experiences designed to educate and inspire new ideas or even potential future partnerships.
Among the themes covered :
- Are taste and sustainability linked?
- Is a ‘good’ taste a luxury or a right?
- How can we best showcase the labor that underpins the production of high-quality goods?
- When we reward ‘good’ taste, who or what do we relinquish?
- How can we communicate about the significance of quality and ethics in a sector that has long neglected both?