A responsible institution
INSEEC U. has set up a Corporate Social Responsibility Management to oversee the implementation of our ambitious policy. This breaks down into 5 key commitments.
5 KEY COMMITMENTS
which facilitates and supports dialogue and debate between the faculty, the students, the alumni, the management, the administration, companies and civil society, in particular through:
- A dedicated website
- Student and staff representatives specializing in CSR
- A commission which meets four times a year
- Symposiums: Design Thinking in 2017, Alter’Innovation in 2018 and in 2019, an international symposium on social entrepreneurship in partnership with “la Ruche” and “Orange”.
especially by developing the capacity of our students to become creators of sustainable value not only for companies but also for society as a whole, and to work towards a responsible, inclusive global economy. This approach includes:
- A 100% online certification in Sustainable Development and Green Management, aimed at students, alumni and employees
- A green business week for all students enrolled in the group’s schools
- An Executive MBA on Management of Energy and Ecological Transition in partnership with Québec University, Montréal (UQAM).)
through the promotion of responsible research and innovation by encouraging our teaching-research staff to get involved in developing the role of companies in creating sustainable economic, social and environmental value. To help advance this objective:
- An ecosystem of business incubators focused on CRS issues
- A partnership with the Berkeley incubator concentrating on renewable energy
- A partnership with the ‘Ruche’ on social entrepreneurship
- A new European research project on responsible innovation, PROREST. The objective of this project is to draw up a framework for research based on ethics and integrity, and to guide decision making on research policies at all levels. INSEEC U. is involved in designing a toolbox for assessing the impacts of research.
by applying the CSR principles INSEEC U promotes in our teaching and research. INSEEC U. bases this on:
- Green IT: actions to rationalize computing resources (reducing rack-mounted servers and local multi-function printers, replacing desktop and laptop PCs by more energy efficient models) have enabled us to bring the kWh/year per staff member consumption ratio down to 1.450 kWh.
- In 2017, the circular economy on our 19 sites led to the recycling of 22 tons of paper, bottles, cans and plastic cups, which is the equivalent of 505 m3 of water, 110 MWh saved and the non-emission of 6.5 tons of CO2.
- Eco-mobility guides on our campuses to encourage green travel solutions.
in favor of the territories where our schools are situated, recognizing cultural and human diversity and combating all forms of discrimination by placing CSR values, such as those illustrated by international initiatives like the United Nations Global Compact, at the core of our activities and courses. To assist with this:
- An endowment fund of 3 M€ over 3 years awards grants on the basis of dual criteria (resources and merit).
A LABEL FROM THE FRENCH MINISTRY OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND A 1ST PLACE IN THE WORLDWIDE BENCHMARK FOR CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILTY (CSR) IN HIGHER EDUCATION
The 5 priorities of our CSR policy fit with the Green Plan (Plan Vert) voted by the CGE* and the CPU** which defines the action framework for higher education and research institutions for matters relating to Sustainable Development and Social Responsibility. Used as reference indicators for the SD and SR certification system, they enabled INSEEC School of Business & Economics and ECE Paris (Engineer’s School) to obtain the certification. Our other two “Grandes Ecoles”, ESCE and EBS, will apply for certification this year.
Furthermore, INSEEC U. has been ranked N° 1 in France on the UI GreenMetric Ranking. Created by Indonesia Universitas, these rankings have become the worldwide benchmark for CSR to assess the commitment of universities and schools to addressing the problems of sustainability and environmental impact
* The Conférence des Grandes Écoles (CGE) is a French institution, founded in 1973, which represents all the engineering schools accredited by the “Commission des Titres d’Ingénieur (CTI)” and all the business schools which deliver a master’s degree.
**The Conférence des Présidents d’Université (CPU) is an organization of presidents of French universities
STANDING WITH THE UNITED NATIONS
Already a member of the UN Global Compact program on the role of Higher Education in spreading CSR principles in the corporate culture, INSEEC U. has joined UNESCO Bordeaux Chair for Sustainable Development, thus strengthening a network active on every continent and within 22 countries, to take part in the ecological transition in all its aspects.
A EUROPEAN PROJECT FOR A RESPONSIBLE RESEARCH
INSEEC U. is involved in Horizon 2020, the biggest EU Research & Innovation Programme ever. After contributing to the DEFORM project (Define the Global and Financial Impact Of Research Misconduct) from 2015 to 2018, INSEEC U. has been selected to be the partner of a new European project called PRO-REST. The objective: construct an ethical framework for research based on participatory governance to provide decision making assistance on questions of research policies. The European Science Foundation is in charge of its scientific coordination.